I’ll show you mine if ...
Well a lot of beers have accumulated in the beer cabinet and the fridge in late winter and early spring. That means that I have to do some Spring Cleaning i.e. drinking. Plus Belgians go on sale in a few weeks at State Line Liquors so I have to make room for them. Right? At any rate I thought I would give you a preview of what reviews are coming and what is aging/cellaring.
So here is what’s in the beer cabinet.
First what’s Aging/Cellaring in the cabinet.
After the accidental aging success of Criminally Bad Elf I decided to purposely try to cellar some brews.
- Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale 2009
Not you typical cellaring beer, I just want to see how the hops mellow after one year in the cabinet.
- Dogfish Head World Wide Stout 2009
- Brooklyn Monster Ale, Barleywine 2009
I am cellaring 5 bottles of this unique brew, 1 bottled in 2006, 2 bottled in 2008 and 2 bottled in 2009.
- Allagash Black Batch # 10, 2009
- Stone Vertical Epic 09-09-09
- Otter Creek Imperial IPA 2009
In the cabinet: Gifts, Requests and Recommendations to Review
- Samuel Adams Coastal Wheat
- Honey Moon Summer Ale
- Shiner Bohemian Black Lager
- Flying Dog Raging Bitch, Belgian Style IPA
- Pacifico Mexican Lager
In the cabinet: Specials that I bought to review
- Emelisse Imperial Russian Stout (imported by 12 percent imports)
- La Botteresse Noire (black), Belgian Black (imported by 12 percent imports)
- Stille Nacht 2009 (silent night), De Dolle, 12% ABV Belgian Christmas Ale
- Bashah, Brew Dog/Stone collaboration, Black Belgian Style Double IPA
- Courage, De Dochter Van De Korenaar, (imported by 12 percent imports)
- Froach 20th Anniversary Heather Ale, 11% limited release.
In the Fridge to Review:
- McSorleys Irish Pale Ale (reviewed ready to post)
- Michelob Irish Red
- Saranac Irish Red
- Leinenkugel 1888 Bock
- Victory Old Horizontal, Barelywine
- Pauwel Kwak, Bosteels classic Belgian Strong Pale Ale.
- Old Rasputin XII, North Coast’s 12 Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout
I’m trying to resurrect the BierVlog for this one!
- Fordham Queen Anne Kolsch
- Mad Anthony APA, Erie Brewing Co. Erie PA